Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

I Hate Sudoku

The nation is gripped with Sudoku fever, or so we have been led to believe.

Until a few weeks ago, I had never heard of it, and then the Guardian decides to throw 20 of them at me in a special Friday edition. Hand-crafted Sudoku, they boast. Is this good or bad? I can't do any of the infuriating puzzles and eventually abandon them for a trip to the local hostelry. Upon returning, I discover that our friend Jenn E, who had agreed to babysit, has completed her first Sudoku.

I have stopped buying the Guardian but have been unable to resist printing Sudokus from the Times website and half-completed puzzles now fill the house. They rate each puzzle from easy through to fiendish. Is this good or bad? The easy ones I can now just about do, and managed to finish one whilst cooking an omelette.

Sudoku. Rating: Impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home