Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Requiem for a Frog

My six year old daughter is keen on acquiring 'Is this the way to Amarillo?' I promise to buy it but am horrified at the £3.99 price tag. Yes, I know it's for charity, but I haven't bought a single since 'Do they know it's Christmas'.

Perhaps I can 'download it'. How would I go about this?

My wife bought a mobile phone. The shop assistant had a badge describing him as a 'phone trainer' but he was still indifferent to our simple questions, such as 'how do we turn it on and off?' and 'does it also do texting?' When he began to explain about ringtones I exclaimed 'maybe we can get the silly frog!' but he pretended not to hear me.

We watch Top of the Pops for 'is this the way to Amarillo?' but it has slipped down the charts. The mad frog is at Number One, but there is no frog in sight, just a load of stupid dancers. Where is the frog? We feel cheated. We want the frog!
Frog Aid
An early frog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home