Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Running Proud

Determined to succeed, I set off last night intending to do two laps of the downs. I managed it, with not too much effort, in just under an hour. The place was teeming with runners, unfortunately including several older gentlemen who overtook me (one white-bearded). Also, and I hate this, the aggressive runners who deliberately pass you so closely that you can feel the wind rushing against you. Buggers!

Received my first DVD in the post, 'The Tenant'. I hugely enjoyed seeing it again, and was amazed how familiar it was after so long (although I'd forgotten that Trelkovsky throws himself out of the window not once but twice). Fantastic acting from Mr Polanski (and some macabre humour too!)

Also listened to my first ever bootleg CD, which I bought for £3.50 (Cyprus pounds) in the Romantic Supermarket on holiday, the new Coldplay album. It plays fine, although it is too early to comment on the actual artistic quality of the songs.

Talking of music, I really can't make up my mind about Antony and the Johnsons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home