Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Carry on Camping

camping
Yesterday was a morning of tent-browsing, a lunchtime of tent-buying and an afternoon of tent-erecting in the rain.

After much walking in and out of display tents, we eventually opted for the Halford's starter pack, which includes several sleeping bags and airbeds. I thought it was an amazing deal, although my wife kept exclaiming "it hasn't got mud-flaps!"

Keen to set it all up when we got home, I charged out into the garden with my daughter. We spread the tent out on the grass and lined up all the various poles and pegs. Just as I was beginning to realise how big a job it was going to be, and just as she was asking "do we have to do this?", it started to rain.

I struggled on in the wet, determined to hoist up the huge structure, closing the back door on my protesting wife. They watched me through the window as I struggled against the elements, eventually coming out to help as the rain eased off. Went and sat in the tent for a while when it was up just to prove that it was all worth it, even though it had started to rain now quite heavily.

I'm not sure if they're going to enjoy camping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home