Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Running up That Hill

Out and about at the weekend. Friday night a 40th birthday party and I drunk too mauch lager. Spoke to a musician who said his friend had done a web design course five years ago and now had thirty people working for him.

Saturday wedding reception in Gloucester and took it easy. Met a writer for Mojo magazine who was writing a coffee table book called 'I Was There', about famous gigs where people had claimed 'I was there!' I said a lot of people claimed to be at legendary concerts, such as the Sex Pistols or Joy Division. 'I didn't see the Pistols', he said, 'but I saw Joy Division supporting the Buzzcocks. They blew them off the stage. I was there.'

Apparently Scott Walker is recording again. I forgot to ask him about the new Kate Bush album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home