Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sedation

matron!Had the day off as my wife was having a wisdom tooth extracted and needs a 'responsible adult' with her all day. I'd been briefed that she would need constant care for twenty four hours, and would not be allowed to drive or operate machinery.

As we were early in our schedule, we bought ourselves two take away teas on the way. They were so hot that we had to stop the car several times to avoid being scalded. Most of it was either spilled or poured away and we arrived late.

I took a newspaper and two books with me, but the whole thing was over in ten minutes. She was heavily sedated for her extraction, which they likened to having three bottles of vodka. "Most people leave happy!" they announced cheerfully, although she came out looking more like the morning after three bottles of vodka.

We got home and I put her to bed to look forward to a quiet remainder of the day. Within two hours she was up and about, within three was getting me to mend the drippy toilet and within four she was cleaning the oven. Now, this is something she has never done before so I think the sedation somehow had a reverse affect on her. If there was any machinery around, she would no doubt be operating it.

I'm sure it would have been different for me. These days, if I have as much as the equivalent of two sips of vodka I am in bed for the week. I'll stick with the hot tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home