Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Monster Mash

spooky
Our school's annual 'spooky disco' came round again where parents endure an hour and a half of their children running around dressed as witches and skeletons. My daughter dressed as a witch again this year with the addition of a broom and a cat with eyes that lit up, that I ended up holding for her. At these things parents either stand at the back looking uncomfortable or get stuck in. I am somewhere in between, and a strange lady I had never met before made me dance with her. The woman from the walking bus was dressed as a witch and was dancing insanely. A problem I was having was recognising adults in fancy dress. I spoke to a man with a grey face who I may or may not have known. I tried to give another woman dressed as a witch our tickets, before I recognised her and after she had said "I'm not taking tickets". Her husband kindly let me put my broom and cat in their pram.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home