Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Great Outdoors

I used to secretly plan to get rid of all the televisions in the house.

During our recent holiday in Brighton, we managed to survive for nearly a week without one. This was due to my forgetting the remote control for the portable (which you need to retune it, apparently), rather than any direct forward planning on my part. For the first time in years though, I didn't have the constant wining of Pauline Fowler in the background. I could relax without having to leave the room to avoid Kat Slater. My blood did not boil due to the sight of Kirsty Allsopp. We went for walks, listened to the radio. I got through two books. I finished a Sudoku puzzle.

My wife went mad on the last night and had to borrow a television to watch 'Desperate Housewifes'. Desperate she had become. We are now back to normality with three televisions and the security of Freeview. Our Brighton holiday is just a distant memory.

Pass the remote please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home