Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Run Like the Wind

So much for easy life and easy listening. I seem to have been extremely busy lately, and no time for important things like SJ.

In between real life I have been juggling with DVD providers. Mostly of the internet/postal kind and we are now on our fourth, having sampled Amazon, Blockbuster, Screenselect and now Lovefilm. I like Lovefilm so far and may grow to love it, although it seems with these things that once the free trial's over your yesterday's news.

I even, between cancelling subscriptions and taking up new free trails, drove down to a DVD shop, signed on and hired a DVD in the old fashioned way. It was a strange experience, with no-one else in the shop to witness my shock at the £3.95 hire charge. And I had that horrible Sunday afternoon thing of having to take it back.

The whole thing's nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home