Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Eye Spy

my little eye
I don't know about you, but I'm burdened by too much information in this internet age. Last night I listened to two parts of a documentary about The Kinks, desperately trying to finish the first in internet time before the second started in real time on the radio. All my fussing around prevented me from actually appreciating it all.

Roll on our holidays, and I only have one day left at work before my six weeks off. Our big office move looms, and I spent the day emptying small bins into larger bins and packing away files and pieces of computer hardware I have never seen before.

Back at home, I have a 'Eureka!' moment although I am not in the bath, but sitting as usual at the computer. I manage to work out how to fix up my website with its own search engine, which I think is pretty good going as I've only been dabbling with PHP and MySQL for about a week.

Roll on our holidays, when I will be far removed from the internet.

My daughter brought home an enormous body of work as she nears the end of Year One. A couple of the pieces of artwork she showed me were excellent, especially a pastel drawing of an eye. Her own eye, in fact. A self-eye portrait. Also very good was a Picasso-style drawing and what I would like to think were some dabblings with cubism.

And Pablo Picasso, he did have the most penetrating eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home