Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Grand Days Out

an early farmer
Swapped my days round at work so that I could help out with my daughter's class trip to a farm. Luckily, lots of other parents had also offered, so it became a relatively stress-free occasion. In fact, there where too many adults there, many of them standing around thumb-twiddling. So many adults that there wasn't enough room on the coach and several cars had to follow in convoy.

A beautifully sunny day and I am burnt again.

My wife left for a week and a half in China this morning. My daughter is tucked up asleep in the big bed (a concession) and I will struggle on with convenience meals. Don't know how this will affect the half-marathon though. Shock: 4 people died running the Great North Run on Sunday. Let-down: saw my psychiatrist friend and he says he may not run due to a bad foot. Silly: don't know if KLAAG is running either as he has not answered my calls. Irritating: a woman at work is another running expert, full of useful tips on diet and fitness.

Mentioned shock above to my wife and she has taken it badly. It seems she is worried about my health and fitness too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home