Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Dylan Thing

It's been a Bob Dylan week.

Up until now, I've kind of quite liked Dylan. My collection of his albums was far from complete. I had Desire on vinyl, which is long lost. Nashville Skyline on CD and a greatest hits compilation that my mother burnt for me (yes, she burns CDs!) which is useless as Like a Rolling Stone is missing. I've been more of a fan of Dylan in theory, the whole image, attitute, look and personality as opposed to actually listening to him.

Watched the Dylan documentaries this week and was hooked. Still couldn't decide whether it was all an act with him, that he was very shrewd and played the part of the diffident singer, or that he really only just wrote these incredible songs effortlessly and happened to be in the right place at the right time. Lots of footage of the 1966 'Judas!' concert. I think I liked him more when he went electric.

Dug out my mother's CD but it wouldn't play properly. Put on Nashville Skyline but I wasn't in a country mood. Went back to appreciating Dylan in theory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home