Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Losing the Plot

We rented the new Harry Potter film from Lovefilm, the latest in our long line of DVD rental services. I braced myself as I'd heard that this was a long film, but I only managed to get about an hour into it. Even though I've read all of the books, I couldn't make heads nor tail of it.

I think I was distracted by the cameos (such as Gary Oldman's head in a fireplace) and the supporting cast (Trigger from Only Fools and Horses). I also couldn't get used to Michael Gambon as Dumbledore, as the Irish accent he'd adopted, possibly as a tribute to the late Richard Harris, appeared to come and go.

And with the whole Harry Potter thing, I read the first four books in one go four summers ago when I had nothing to do. My head was awash with Hogwarts and all the intricacies of wizardry. Now it all seems a little vague, and I even struggle to remember the name of the red headed boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home