Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Two Left Feet

my dancing days are over
It's come round quickly, but the dancing season is upon us again. This time, my wife has decided to take up salsa. If anything has ever turned out to be much much more of a nightmare than I had ever imagined it to be then this is it. We started on the third week, which we didn't think too far behind to catch up, but five minutes into the lesson I knew I was in trouble. Recap for week one took five minutes. Recap for lesson two a generous ten minutes and before I knew it everyone was dancing away around me. For most of the lesson I took up all of the attention of the assistant instructor as she danced with me, alternating between nodding at her instructions and apologising for accidently punching her bosom.

In the bar afterwards a man generously offered his condolences, and that all would fall into place, as after all it was only my third week. "It's my first, actually", I kept correcting him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home