Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I Saw it at the Movies

Britain are hosting the 2012 Olympics but I don't know how I should act, how excited I'm supposed to be. I'm not even sure if olympics is big 'O' or little 'o'. Two old ladies were talking about it in Oxfam today and one of them said "I suppose we'll be dead by then" and they both fell about laughing.

Watched 'Heavenly Creatures' last night, starring a pre-Titanic Kate Winslett and directed by a pre-Lord of the Rings Peter Jackson. What a tedious film. Too many fantasy sequences (which is what he obviously goes in for). At least we were spared his usual three hour running time.

This one was taped from the television, but I need to find a decent DVD outlet. I am fed up walking into the libarary and then straight out again with nothing because their film selection is so poor. I sometimes have to leave it a couple of months on the off chance that there is the possibility of at least one new title there when I go back.

What's on TV tonight? I shudder to think, although no doubt olympics/Olympics euphoria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home