Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Comfy Chairs

My wife keeps buying settees and sofa beds. Everywhere I look I see sofas: in left open catalogues and magazines, on computer screens. My contribution to the project has been arranging for the council to collect our old settee, such is the current demand for sofa space.

Had our 'Beauty and the Beast' theatre trip this afternoon. I had a very good view as the person in front of me was asleep, but failed to fully enjoy the show following and argument with my daughter over an ice cream. A lady to my left kept shouting "tea and biscuits!" although I failed to reach this level of excitement. My biggest achievement was to time my interval toilet visit perfectly.

We are going out tonight with our friends Pops and his wife. Pops shares his birthday with my wife which was last Thursday, the day of the London bombings. She was actually due for a visit to London that day, but events forced her to cancel. Didn't realise the enormity of it all until I got home from work, as there they were busy with office moves and telephone extensions. The three of us went out to a local restaurant, enjoyable but virtually empty.

So it's Pops and his wife tonight. The girl next door is babysitting. The one with the hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home