Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Rave On

Sleep has come to me easily after all the excitement at the weekend.

My wife has admitted that my cleaning on Fridays is rather good, so I will now close this topic. It is her birthday on Thursday and she has asked for one or two unusual presents. One of them is a stair basket, one of those things you rest on the stairs to fill with general paraphernalia, such as other birthday presents. The catch is that this item, or the type she wants, is only available in Cornwall.
Another request she has made is for a canvas structure that you attach to the outside of the house to create a shade against the sun. This can be purchased in Habitat, but is unavailable at the moment. This is just as well as the weather is currently unsuitable for any sort of outdoor activity.

So my daughter and I have bought and wrapped several alternative presents, including the obligatory large box of chocolates, and something from the handy alternative gift shop down the road. There will come a time when either my wife or I will have bought all of their stock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home