Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Read it in Books

My sister in law was enthusing about the two Jonathan Coe novels 'The Rotters Club' and 'The Closed Circle'. Surprisingly, she had not read any of his books before. I see 'What a Carve up' going down on the Christmas list for her.

Although once a big fan, I cannot fully share her enthusiasm and am struggling to get through 'The Closed Circle' at the moment although I cannot abandon yet another novel after forsaking 'The Piano Tuner' and 'The Bell Jar' in quick succession.

I did get through the recent Tony Parsons, but only just.

A novel I did enjoy was 'Little Green Man' by Simon Armitage, which I picked up in a charity shop in Brighton. Now that was quality time, and I believe he has another book coming out round about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home