Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Cat Crept In

I hate it when you've just sat down at the computer and then the dishwasher, having finished a cycle, starts relentlessly beeping in the kitchen below.
Anyway, I have been in and out of the kitchen a lot lately these last evenings trying to call the cat in from the garden. I feel foolish calling his name over and over again in a high pitched voice, especially when he doesn't come. I gave up last night and he stayed out until the morning, creeping in at seven for two bowls of food. Today we accidently left him in all day, but it was in his advatange as it rained. I opened the back door when we got home but he just sat there, looking into the misty void. Later, thinking he was upstairs on the bed, I looked out and saw him sitting amongst the plants, drenched. I'm not sure how he got out there. As far as I know, we have no flaps. This time he needed no coaxing to come in, although he still expected two bowls of food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home