Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Dreading the Wedding

Summer heat and sandals. I'm teaching my daughter how to write limericks and she is already better at it than me. I was struggling to find a rhyme for 'Bristol' and she came up with 'crystal' without any effort at all. There was a young lady from Bristol, who went out and bought a crystal, we decide.

Met some gentlemen from a local society to talk about designing their website. We sit in our sandals in the summer heat. It appears there are several candidates offering their services and it isn't clear how they are going to decide between us. There were some gentlemen from Bristol...but I can't find the rhyme.
Perhaps we'll just all muck in together. It goes reasonably well, and I leave armed with a small amount of literature.

My wife is away in London for an evening. Our daughter has made friends with the little girl from number 36 and goes round to play with her. Later she allows me to watch Doctor Who after I bribe her with strawberries. After she has gone to bed I watch a DVD of 'Enduring Love' and then Doctor Who again on BBC3 as there's nothing else on. Went to bed partly considering an extremely creepy performance by Rhys Ifans and the Dalek annihilation of Earth.

Drove over the expensive bridge into Wales and went to a quick party. Loads of excellent food and they had a digital radio. 'I love it', said the hostess, 'I have it on all the time'. It was switched off and I didn't like to fiddle with it.
I have noticed that if I am listening to the radio through the internet, and my wife has the television on in the kitchen downstairs, I can't hear the radio unless I huddle over the computer with my ear to the tiny speaker. Stuart Maconie on Radio 6 has just lost out to the Antiques Roadshow.

I am beginning to dread the wedding we are going to in two weeks. One of the reasons is that we will have to look after two extra children during the ceremony. One of them, although now five, is still a big baby and will probably start struggling and screaming. Another reason is that the groom's mother has apparently lost her marbles and has started to attack people. Apparently she attacked her hairdresser quite recently. Such behaviour a jolly wedding doesn't make, especially as, knowing my luck, she will probably attack me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home