Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Cakes

you're a big man, but you're out of shape
Pressed on with the cleaning this morning although I had a slight hangover. We got through a couple of bottles of wine last night watching 'Layer Cake' on DVD. Some good actors in it, but a confusing film (especially with wine). I also found it disturbing to see Michael Gambon using such foul language. He's usually such a sweet gentleman.

Anyway, worth seeing if I didn't fully understand it. Good soundtrack, and a few nods to 'Get Carter'. Threatening behaviour at the top of tall buildings etc. Hoped the DVD had some extras on it to explain the film but it didn't. Thought about watching it again but the wife said 'it was just a series of double crossings' which I suppose sums it up.

They bought me a lovely birthday cake, which my daughter couldn't keep her hands off. You could see the temptation of all that chocolate getting hold of her. She gave me a card and wrote on the envelope 'my beautiful dad'.

My mother sent me a card saying 'I can't believe how old you're getting'.

They want to go and see 'Beauty and the Beast' so I went down to the theatre and booked some tickets. Very simple, although it cost as much as a small holiday. The woman in the box office kept asking 'is it hot out?'

The car keeps making a clunking noise. I tried to ignore it but it wouldn't go away, although it only clunks when the car is going slowly.

A man held the lift for me in a mult-storey car park and said 'it's very wet out' in a strange accent. He did indeed look very wet. I'd parked too near the top. Too deserted, too 'Get Carterish'. I got in the car and clunked away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home