Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hot Enough for June

Wish I could be like David Watts...
Had the terrible realisation that my daughter's ticket for the walking bus was still in the pocket of my 'falling down trousers' when I washed them. Rushed down to the kitchen and checked through all the damp pockets, finding a sodden mush of yellow stuff in the last one. The remnants of the washed ticket. Think I overpanicked for a while, as it shouldn't be too difficult to get a replacement.

Made some progress on arranging our trip to the south of France. Well, at least now we have booked the ferry crossing which turned into one of those long internet nightmares. I didn't have the strength to look for any hotels to stay in.

Keep humming 'Lazt Old Sun' by the Kinks to myself. Went for a run humming it, my first in a while. God knows how I'm going to get through this half marathon in October. Although it isn't really all that hot for this time of year, I am drenched in sweat after twenty minutes and still sweating as I tap away now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home