Avoiding the complicated world. Easy life and easy listening. Pipe and slippers, fine cheeses and a generous glass of port.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hullabaloos

They ask me to do some peculiar things in my job.

I had to phone a BBC newsreader to tell them how to send an attachment with an email. They managed to do it after much trial and error and general confusion. Made me think of the recent hullabaloo about newsreaders being overpaid. No comment. Then I was supposed to visit someone at a school who was unable to send an attachment via email at all. They have so far been unable even to return my telephone calls.

Have started carrying around one of those USB memory sticks on my keyring. Seems to be some kind of fashionable thing to do, the adult version of the woolly hat in summer. Unfortunately it doubles the bulkiness of my already huge set of keys. And all that memory in my pocket, it's unnerving.

It's my birthday tomorrow and I don't know whether to mention it at work or not. I don't really want a hullabaloo. They get cakes out every day as it is.

Wish I'd stuck with the digital radio plan. My wife was going in and out of cupboards last night with various bags and telling me to go away, so I don't know what's in store for me really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home